Sage Intacct yields great results for MIC
Mineworkers Investment Company (MIC) is determined to stay focused on what it does best – investing. They sought a way to streamline and optimise the financial side of operations. With that in mind, they set out to find the best finance solution for their business.
Challenges the Sage Intacct project aimed to resolve
The MIC Finance Department was experiencing several challenges which they wanted to address through the implementation of the new Sage Intacct cloud solution.
- Consolidations across 9 entities required a number of manual interventions.
- Completing an approval process often required many emails and manual sign-offs which happened outside the core system.
- The inter-company transactions and the month-end close process were both taking a significant amount of time for the finance team to complete.
- MIC wanted to gain more time to focus on the performance of its investments.
75% Improvement in the time taken for inter-entity billing
46% reduction in the time needed for month-end reporting
- A cloud financial solution empowers them to work off-site.
- The inter-company billing has been reduced from 3 days to half a day.
- Reduced the month-end close by 2 weeks.
- The business gained time to focus on their core business, investments.